Get answers.

If it's not here, it's a call or an email away.

Can't find the answer to your question?

Feel free to contact us. We are happy to help!

About Us

Ingle International is a trusted industry leader, and has been in business since 1946. We provide insurance and health care products and services to Canadians and worldwide travellers. As a Managing General Agent, we are able to find the best solution for each customer’s needs. Why? Because we represent all major Canadian insurance companies as well as several international insurance companies.
Insurance brokers like Ingle International employ unbiased insurance professionals who have the knowledge, training, and expertise to find you the solution best suited to your needs. Buying insurance directly from an insurance company means choosing from their line of products only. Ingle International has access to products from a variety of providers. Buying insurance from a travel agent, mortgage broker, or other non-insurance professional means taking advice from someone whose core expertise is not insurance. These individuals mean well and want to help you, but they may not have the knowledge base to find you the right solution for your unique situation. In most cases, brokers will charge you the exact same price that the insurance company would charge you directly. This means you don’t have to worry about paying any service fees or additional charges.
Imagine Financial Ltd. (operating as Ingle International) is a licensed insurance agency representing a multitude of Canadian and international insurance companies. We work with licensed insurance agents across Canada. Insurance is provided by a range of carriers. If you want to know who provides the insurance on any given product, check the product’s coverage summary or policy wording. If you can’t find the information you are looking for, feel free to contact us for clarification.

Finding the Right Travel Insurance

Travel insurance products come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Products will vary depending on your age, health condition, and purpose of travel. If you are an experienced traveller, you can get started by choosing the category that best describes you below: You can contact us if you are not sure where to begin. One of our customer care representatives will help you find the right type of travel insurance.
While age is one of the determining factors for travel insurance, it is different than car insurance in that prices are lowest for young, healthy individuals.
This varies from plan to plan, but we offer several travel insurance plans with no age limit.
If you are planning a minimum of two to three trips over the next year, it is likely that a multi-trip annual plan will be more cost effective than separate single-trip plans. An annual plan covers you for an unlimited number of trips over the course of a year, with a limit on the number of days you can be away for any one trip. Our plans offer a variety of options when it comes to the numbers of days of coverage per trip, ranging from 9 days to 182 days. If you go on a trip that exceeds the number of days of coverage on your annual plan, you have the option of purchasing a top-up for the extra days.
Most plans exclude medical expenses associated with a pre-existing condition that has not met a stability requirement for a set period of time before your departure date. You should check your policy wording for more details, but generally speaking, the more serious your medical condition, the longer the stability period required. It is also important to remember that each insurance policy will have its own unique definition of “stable.” Just because you or your doctor consider your medical condition to be stable doesn’t mean that your insurer will. In most policies, the definition of “stable” means there has been no change in treatment, diagnosis, medication, or symptoms for a given period of time. The definition may also mention that you cannot be on a waiting list and/or waiting for test results. If you have a pre-existing medical condition that has been stable for less than six months, you may need to consider a specialized plan that requires more detailed medical information at the time of application. For more information, see our brochure: Insurance for those with Special Needs and Pre-Existing Conditions.
Yes. Our wide variety of insurance products includes coverage for families. The definition of "family" varies from one policy to another, but typically includes spouses and dependent children. Some plans also offer discounted rates for families.
Yes, trip cancellation insurance will refund your travel expenses if you need to cancel your trip before your departure date, provided you cancel for one of the reasons listed in the policy. Reasons typically include illness, injury, or death of a family member or travelling companion. Most policies specify that you (or the ill or injured party) must see a physician to obtain a letter stating that you are too ill or disabled to travel. You must contact your insurance provider before your scheduled departure in order to be reimbursed. All-inclusive and non-medical travel insurance plans also typically include trip cancellation coverage.
If you are a Canadian and will be travelling for less than a year, but will not maintain coverage under your Canadian Government Health Insurance Plan (GHIP), you will want to look at our international travel plans to find a product that suits your long-term needs. These plans provide emergency medical coverage for travel outside your home country but, unlike travel medical plans specifically for Canadians, do not require that you maintain GHIP coverage. If you will be travelling for more than a year, our expatriate plans may better suit your needs. These plans can provide additional non-emergency medical benefits, such as routine check-ups and prescription drugs, not included with basic travel medical plans.
Yes! We would be happy to create a custom quote for groups of 5 or more travellers. Contact us for a group quote.
First, verify what is covered under your group benefits plan, keeping in mind the following:
  • Overall Limit: Most stand-alone travel medical plans offer coverage that ranges from $2 million to $5 million. With a group benefits, extended health, or credit card plan, coverage can be as low as $100,000. In the event of a major emergency while away from home, this amount may not be sufficient.
  • Emergency Assistance: Your plan may not include a phone number to call for assistance in the event of an emergency. Emergency assistance professionals connect you with the services you need, monitor your care, notify your relatives, arrange for your early return home or medical transportation, and much more.
  • Upfront Payment: Your plan may require that you pay your medical bills up front. You are then expected to submit all original receipts for reimbursement at a later date.
  • Number of Days: Your plan may only cover you for a set number of days out of the country.
If your group benefits plan does not provide sufficient coverage, you can purchase supplemental travel medical coverage to fill in the gaps.
Your Canadian Government Health Insurance Plan (GHIP) will provide some coverage while travelling outside of your home province (and within Canada), however it is strongly advised that you purchase additional travel insurance. Your GHIP coverage is limited to expenses that would be covered in your home province. Because of the potential discrepancies in health care coverage from province to province, we recommend purchasing additional travel insurance. Plans for travel within Canada are available at very reasonable rates.
Most conventional travel medical insurance plans can cover expenses associated with low-risk amateur sports. However, all plans have exclusions for expenses related to more dangerous sports, such as car or motorcycle racing, horse racing, or rodeo activities. Make sure to check your policy wording to find out which sports aren’t covered. Also not covered by conventional travel medical plans are expenses related to professional sports. If you are participating in high-risk or professional sports, a specialized travel insurance plan may be necessary to get the coverage you need. It is always a good idea to check if your team or league will be providing sports coverage.
Yes, regular travel insurance may not cover risky activities or travel to dangerous places. We offer special risk insurance for adventurous travellers who need more comprehensive coverage than what is offered through regular travel insurance.
Most travel insurance plans will not cover you for sickness or injury that occurs in a location where your country’s government has issued a warning against travel. The travel warning must have come into effect before your departure date. However, there are some policies that will still cover medical expenses that are not related (e.g., food poisoning) to the reason(s) for which the warning was issued (e.g., kidnapping, acts of terrorism, violence). If you are travelling to a high-risk destination and want to ensure you have complete coverage, take a look at our special risk insurance options.

My Travel Insurance

When you purchase a plan, you will receive all of your pertinent policy information via email. Confirmation documents, which include your policy number and the claims/emergency assistance phone number, can be printed from your confirmation email, and carried with you as proof of coverage while travelling.
Check your policy wording for details. Travel insurance benefits are typically listed per person, unless stated otherwise.
While all travel insurance policies define "emergency" differently, in general, an emergency refers to a sudden, unexpected, and unforeseen sickness or injury that requires immediate medical treatment. A cold (or other illness) will only be covered if it falls under your policy's definition of an emergency. It is important that you read your policy wording carefully to make sure that you understand its benefits and exclusions.
Some policies offer coverage for emergency medical expenses related to stable pre-existing medical conditions. Refills for prescriptions and other routine expenses are not considered emergencies, and are thus not covered. It's always a good idea to check the limitations and exclusions in your policy wording for information on what is and isn't covered.
Coverage for pregnancy varies from plan to plan, but it is possible to be covered for emergency expenses related to pregnancy in the first two trimesters. Most plans will cover non-routine medical expenses up until the end of the 31st week. If you are planning a trip during your last trimester, all medical expenses related to your pregnancy will likely not be covered.
Whenever possible, travel insurance companies will coordinate direct payment with the hospital so that you do not have to pay out of pocket. It is important that you contact your insurer's claims and emergency assistance department if you are in need of medical attention. This department will help you get the medical attention you need while attempting to coordinate payment at the facility where you are being treated. However, be aware that some medical facilities may insist on payment up front. If your policy has a deductible, this means that you will be responsible for a portion of your medical expenses. This deductible is a dollar amount that you must pay before your coverage kicks in. Deductibles vary from policy to policy, and can be applied on a per-claim or per-trip basis.
Certain plans that we offer include coverage for interpretation services. These plans will connect you with a foreign language interpreter when communication is necessary for emergency services. We also offer plans that help you communicate with your travelling companion(s) and even relay important messages to your family back home in the event of a medical emergency.
Travel insurance plans typically include emergency transportation by land or air, as well as remote evacuation to the nearest hospital or medical facility. It is usually necessary to have air ambulance and remote evacuation benefits arranged and pre-approved by your insurance company, so check with your insurer before you leave for your trip. In the case of an emergency in a remote area, make sure to have a way of contacting your insurance company.